Butyl Acetate GOST 8981-78
Butyl acetate, GOST 8981-78, is a colorless liquid with a characteristic fruity odor. Butyl acetate is used in the paint-ana-varnish industry as a Solvent of fats, resins, oils, chlorine rubbers, vinyl polymers, nitrocellulose and other oil-based raw components forming film coatings. Butyl acetate is used in production of polyurethane paints; as a component of multi-component solvents (646, 647, 648, P-4, etc.), in leather, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
- Density at 20°C, g/cm3 - 0.880-0.882
- Main substance, % - not less than 99.50
- Mass fraction of water, % - not more than 0,05
- Mass fraction of non-volatile residue, % - not more than 0.001
- Distillation temperature range at pressure 101325 Pa (760 mm Hg), C - 123-126
- Mass fraction of acids in conversion to acetic acid, % - not more than 0.005
- Relative volatility (ethyl ether) - 10
Use this product in a well-ventilated room, wearing protective gloves. If the solvent comes into contact with the skin, wash it off with plenty of water. If the solvent is spilled on the surface, it is collected with a scoop, then the surface is washed with plenty of water. Keep away from heating appliances and electrical equipment. Keep away from fire.