Isobutyl alcohol or Isobutanol, GOST 9536-2013, is a colorless liquid with a characteristic odor. Isobutyl alcohol is used as a solvent in the production of paints, varnishes, and plasticizers and as a part of multicomponent solvents. Isobutanol is present in oil and fuel additives, acts as an additive in production of rubber, printing inks, nitrocellulose. In pharmacological industry, isobutyl alcohol is used as a component of essences.
- Density at 20°C, g/cm3 - 0.801-0.803
- Mass fraction of isobutyl alcohol, % - not less than 99,3
- Mass fraction of acids in term of acetic acid, % - not more than 0,003
- Bromine number, g bromine per 100 g of alcohol - not more than 0.02
- Mass fraction of carbonyl compounds in terms of oil aldehyde, % - not more than 0.03
- Mass fraction of non-volatile residue, % - not more than 0.0025
- Mass fraction of water, % - not more than 0.1
Use this product in a well-ventilated room, wearing protective gloves. If the solvent comes into contact with the skin, wash it off with plenty of water. If the solvent is spilled on the surface, it is collected with a scoop, then the surface is washed with plenty of water. Keep away from heating appliances and electrical equipment. Keep away from fire.