|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Isobutanol is a clear liquid with a strong alcoholic odor. It is miscible with a number of organic solvents. Isobutanol is soluble in water and it forms azeotropic solution with it (26.8% H2O by mass, bp 87.0°C). Isobutyl alcohol is a typical aliphatic alcohol.|
Isobutanol (iso-butyl accohol, IBA)
2905 14 90
ADR class 3, packaging group III
|USES||Isobutanol is used:
· as a solvent for a wide variety of chemical and textile processes;
· as a paint thinner;
· as a component of hydraulic and brake fluids;
· as urea- and melamino-formaldehyde resins modifier;
· isobutanol is an intermediate product in plasticizers, pesticides, food essences and drugs manufacture;
· in isobutyl acetate, potassium isobutyl xanthate production.
|Colority, Hazen units, max||7|
|Density at 20°C, g/cm³||0,801-0,803|
|Mass fraction of isobutyl alcohol, %, min||99,8|
|Mass fraction of acids in acetic acid recalculation, %, max||0,001|
|Mass fraction of non-volatile residue, %, max||0,0013|
|Mass fraction of carbonyl compounds in butyric aldehyde recalculation, % max||0,03|
|Mass fraction of water, %, max||0,02|
|Bromine number, g of brome/100 g of alcohol, max||0,02|
Stored in its original packaging and kept under proper conditions the storage stability of the products is 36 months.
The certificate of analysis (COA) per shipped lot number must be issued in compliance with Russian standard GOST 9536-79.